-
August 8th, 2005, 07:45 PM
#1
Inactive Member
Is there anyone out there who remember a group called Atlanta Rhythm Section?? Better still, do you still have a turntable and ARS 33's??
If you have a 33rpm lp of Atlanta Rhythm Section, play it at 45 rpm's (the song "Imaginary Lover" would be best, but likely any would do). Who is singing now (she/her band are very popular)???
I remember reading an interesting story in a music mag. in the late 70's. Apparently, a dj played an ARS song on the wrong speed. Everyone called the station, surprised that this well-known band recorded this song. They also weanted to know which lp they could find this song on.
I won't mention the singer/band at this time as it may ruin the surprise for someone.
-
August 9th, 2005, 01:38 PM
#2
Inactive Member
I have a turntable and an eight track player LOL..but alas no ARS...
-
August 9th, 2005, 05:45 PM
#3
HB Forum Owner
I remember the group real well [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
-
August 10th, 2005, 01:22 AM
#4
CanadianGirl
Guest
-
August 10th, 2005, 07:33 PM
#5
Inactive Member
Stephen, You may have to help us out here. I have a turntable and I remember ARS, unfortunately I don't have any of their vinyl.
Atlanta Rhythm Section played at 45RPM sounds just like.......
-
August 11th, 2005, 02:08 AM
#6
Inactive Member
Stevie Nicks of Fleetwood Mac (maybe a young Stevie Nicks, but still Stevie Nicks)!!!
I remember a friend playing the song "Imaginary Lover" for me when the story appeared, on the wrong speed. It sure sounded like Stevie to me.
<font color="#000000" size="1">[ August 10, 2005 11:19 PM: Message edited by: CDNRunaways Fan ]</font>
-
August 12th, 2005, 02:41 PM
#7
Inactive Member
I had no idea (I always assumed it was a Santana original), so I had to google. Wow, I had no idea Fleetwood Mac recorded it (written by Peter Green) in 1968.
I will have to listen to early Fleetwood Mac sometime. I really am only familiar with Nicks/Buckingham version. I am sure they sound totally different from the FM as I know it, likely very bluesy.
-
August 12th, 2005, 03:38 PM
#8
Senior Hostboard Member
It seems like it would sound like Alvin and the Chipmunks!
Interesting CDN! I love Stevie Nicks!
[img]graemlins/beer.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
Gus
-
August 12th, 2005, 03:45 PM
#9
Senior Hostboard Member
Here's one for you...
Who recorded the Santana hit "Black Magic Women" BEFORE Santana did?
[img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img]
Gus
-
August 12th, 2005, 10:28 PM
#10
Inactive Member
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks